People ask us all the time why organic beer. In addition to organic beer just tasting better, organic products support organic farming practices which have several benefits for the health of the environment. In honor of Earth Day, below are just a few examples of how sustainable farming practices benefits Mother Earth.
1. Reduced use of harmful chemicals: Organic farming practices promote the use of natural fertilizers, pest control, and weed management techniques, reducing the amount of harmful chemicals that are released into the environment. EWG's 2023 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce, recently reported that 75 percent of non-organic fresh produce sold in the U.S. contains residues of potentially harmful pesticides which is a problem, given the several ways pesticides can harm humans. Keeping these pesticides out of our beer is our first priority which is why we only source 100% certified organic ingredients.
2. Soil conservation: Soil is the foundation of agriculture, and without healthy soil, crops cannot grow effectively. Organic farming practices work to conserve soil health by promoting natural processes like composting, crop rotation, and the use of cover crops. Soil conservation helps to maintain the fertility of the soil, ensuring that it remains productive for future generations. Who wouldn't wanted to ensure future generations access to good beer?
3. Preservation of biodiversity: Biodiversity refers to the variety of life forms that exist on Earth, including the diversity of species, genes, and ecosystems. Organic farming practices prioritize the health of the ecosystem, including promoting biodiversity through crop rotation, maintaining healthy soil and water quality, and providing habitat for wildlife.
4. Water conservation: Organic farming works to conserve water by using natural methods that rely on rainwater and other natural sources instead of irrigation.
5. Reduced greenhouse gas emissions: Organic farming practices can also reduce greenhouse gas emissions by reducing the use of fossil fuels and promoting the use of renewable energy.
In sum, producing and choosing organic products can be a great way to support environmentally sustainable farming practices and reduce your impact on the environment. At LaGrow Organic Beer Co. we are committed to doing our part to save the planet. After all, it is the only one with beer.
Leave a Reply.
Director of Business & Sales, food scientist, devoted advocate of sustainable, regenerative agriculture and lover of great craft beer.